Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vegan Pepperoni!!

Someone on one of my messageboards was having some trouble with a fake meat recipe, and it made me curious partly because I want the world to fall in love with fake meat and partly because it was a VeganDad recipe that I hadn't seen before. If you don't know VeganDad, he's a rockin' awesome vegan food blogger and has a lot of great kid friendly vegan ideas. His fake meat recipes are pretty great. So today I tried the pesky pepperoni recipe.
Here's what I ended up with after steaming:

It is sooooooo good, I can't wait to try it on pizza. If you are interested in the recipe, you can find it: VeganDad Pepperoni

Other things going on today...not a whole lot. The master plan was to go to the library, but Eli is pukey sick, so we're staying home. After spending the morning laying in my recliner and puking up anything that passed his lips, he's now pestering his sister. So, he's better? I don't know, we'll lay low until we have a puke free 24 hours. I think that's the rule. I hate the pukey sicknesses, so I'd hate to pass it on to some unsuspecting sucker at the library. And man, I hope I don't get it. Sanitizer and handwashing are my best friends today.

No comments:

Post a Comment