Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Round Up!

It's been a busy few days, so here's what we've been up to, in no particular order:

Reese lost her first tooth! I should say, her front teeth were not loosened naturally. She and Eli were playing puppy, Reese had a rope between her teeth, and Eli pulled on it really hard. According to The Internets, her loosened teeth are not a concern right now because she's due to start loosing them anyway. How do I have a kid who is old enough to be loosing teeth???


I brewed my first batch of kombucha yesterday. It's pretty easy, and I hope it turns out okay. So far so good!


Here's the makings of one of our meals since I posted last. It's seitan stir fry. We eat a LOT of stir fry. It's quick, easy, and pretty healthy. I make my own stir fry sauce too. Om nom nom nom. When the cooking was finished, this stir fry also had green beans and broccoli, and was served over brown rice.

Reese and Eli got a surprise package from Great Grandma and Great Aunt Patti! Thank you!!! We love books, and the kids love to read.


So yeah. We didn't do too much over the weekend. On Saturday morning we went to a couple farmer's markets and also recycled. Recycling is a job here, definitely not as easy as it was in WI. There used to be recycling containers at the front garbage drop off, but some jerky jerks were just putting crap in the bins, so I thought they were removed. Then while driving to look at the car wash area, we found them again. But the apartment community doesn't take glass (??), so that means a trip to a recycling center. Not a huge deal, except that we've only been able to find one and it's way across town. Are we really saving the planet when we have to use a bunch of gas to recycle some glass? I don't know, but I feel better recycling. I suppose we were going over there anyway for the farmer's market.

The markets here are kind of lame, sad to say. I don't know if it's the season, but there aren't many fruits and vegetables. It's mostly crafty stuff, which, if I wasn't crafty, would be cool. Most of the offerings are things I can easily make myself. Reese did get some hair bows.

Sunday I took the kids to the pool. Yes, swimming in September. I never thought we'd be doing THAT. The water was chilly...it does cool way down here at night, but it's been in the upper 90s during the day. I am not complaining.

Well, I hope everyone has had a great start to their week. The kids and I are off to a La Leche League leaders meeting this morning, and since we already got half our homeschooling stuff done this morning, we don't have that much to do this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. That's gotta be the cutest toothless child I've seen. :-)

    ReplyDelete