Friday, August 20, 2010

It's a great day for experimentin', isn't it?

I bet you're curious as to what I'm experimenting with now. Okay, so here's the thing. I've been picking up raw food books and dabbling in raw food eating, wow, since last fall I suppose. It seems like a very healthy way to eat, and although I don't think I would ever go 100% raw, I think it's something I'd like to try.

Those of you who know me know that once I decide to do something, I jump right in, so today was my jumping in day! I decided that my experiment would be to eat raw foods all day until 5pm. So basically breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be raw, and I'll eat a cooked dinner. I still have a LOT of love for delicious cooked vegan food. And maybe I'll relax on the weekends.

So for breakfast this morning, I had a smoothie which I guess technically was not raw because I put yogurt in it. Oh well. I snacked on an apple and a handful of cashews (oh, I guess those were cooked too...roasted). For lunch I blended up a veggie soup (zucchini, tomato, celery, spinich, avocado, basil, etc) and ate some grapes. My vitamix is getting a work out today!

Will it last? I don't know. That's why it's an experiment. :)

I'll try to remember to take some pictures of my food. I didn't today because the camera is out of batteries.

Tomorrow...is VEGAN BRUNCH!!!!!! I'm so excited. Delicious vegan food and friends. It's going to rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment