Friday, July 2, 2010

Holy Crap, I'm 33!!

Nah, no dramatics. I don't mind being 33. I didn't mind turning 30, I don't think I'll mind turning 40 someday. You're only as old as you feel, and sleeping on an inflatable bed makes you feel about 80, haha.

I wish I had more good things to say about The Year I was 32. Unfortunately there aren't that many good things to say about cancer. The biggest good thing that I learned was the value of friendship, and how important my friends are to my life. I like to think I always knew that, but it sure was right in my face over the past year. In the Year of 33, I want to remember how important friends are, and I want to be a good friend.

And that's what life is all about, isn't it? Learning lessons, living to the best of your ability, making mistakes, making those mistakes right again. Life seems to be a work in progress, just when you think you have it down, you get something unexpected. I'm choosing to roll with the unexpected, to make things work.

I think I will like being 33. It's just a feeling I have. I hope everyone else I know has a good year this year too.

1 comment:

  1. and Julie said, Sheri, I can't believe it has been 33 years ago that you were born! Where did the time go? We agree that livin', learnin' and lovin' is what life is about. We thank God for your Life!!! Happy Birthday!
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete