Monday, October 4, 2010

Stir Fry!

We had stir fry for dinner, and I think I've mentioned before that it's one of my go-to meals. It ends up on the table a lot, especially when I need to use up some veggies. I didn't take a picture because I forgot until we were done eating and figured you didn't really need to see a crummy picture of some mostly empty bowl of stir fry. Besides, I think I've posted pics of it before. It was the same as I always make it.

Some people have asked about my stir fry sauce. I used to buy commercially made sauces, until I found a delicious stiry fry sauce recipe on a blog called Luciana's Vegan Kitchen. I tried to link directly to her blog, but man, blogger is being a cranky You-Know-What tonight and I have other stuff to do. So I'll just type it out for you real quick if you promise to google Luciana's Vegan Kitchen and check out her blog.

Infinitely Adaptable Stir Fry Sauce

1/4 cup low sodium tamari (just soy sauce is okay)
1/4 cup orange juice (or whatever citrus-y juice you have on hand...ask me how I know)
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp dry sherry white wine or mirin
3 tbsp brown sugar or agave necter
2 cloves garlic, minced (I shredded mine with my handy microplane)
1 rounded tbsp ginger (you can use dried or fresh)
1 tsp chili garlic paste
2 tsp sesame oil

Basically you whisk this stuff in a bowl. Pour it in your stir fry. I usually pour it in after the aromatics are sauteed (see how fancy and chef-like I am!), right when I put the broccoli in to steam. At the end. I like to thicken my sauce with a little cornstarch.

It looks like a lot of ingredients and I know that turns some people off, but throwing this sauce together takes like six minutes. Maybe. It's really fast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment