Monday, October 11, 2010

Curried Udon Noodles with Vegetables

Yeah, that's right. My kids ate this.

Okay, they did not eat much and seemed to prefer the rice with salt and pepper. BUT. They both at least tried it, and Reese might have even had more than one bite.



That's a bok choy Reese is nomming on. When I was her age, I had no idea bok choy existed. And if I knew it did, I don't know that I would have tried it. She's chill like that, trying new foods.


Every couple weeks I get a craving for curry. This recipe came from Veganomicon. It's just a touch "busy" (not exactly complicated, but a lot of steps). I don't mind, but if I get too distracted when I'm trying to cook it, bad things happen (like the first roux that I burned...whoops). I love it, you can use any curry powder mix you want and it turns out awesomely.

I probably owe you some meals. It was a boring weekend, eating-wise. On Saturday I sweet-talked Eric into making waffles for dinner. On Sunday we were at the Georgia National Fair in Perry, GA. Many deepfried foodstuffs were eaten. When we got home, I was hungry because of the slim vegan food pickings, so I ate a tofu spread and veggie wrap. No big deal there.

Yeah, excuses. It's only October 11th and I'm kind of regretting saying I'd post a pic of our meals every night. That's hard. I'll keep at it though. I'm thinking about joining up for the Vegan MOFO (vegan month of food) in November, but I'm not sure I can take so many food pics and post them two months in a row. I'd have to dig deep. Hah.

I guess I have time to decide. What do you think, readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment