Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dude, where's my stuff?

I know where my stuff is. I just miss it already. The sewing machine and serger got packed up today, and suddenly I have the urge to sew something. It will be about two weeks until we get our stuff most likely, and the priority after that will be unpacking and organizing. It could be upwards of a month before I get to bust out the sewing machines. Oh the humanity!!

Sewing really is my relaxation. Creating things from fabric, useable things, fun things, interesting things...that is what I enjoy. I use patterns mostly, but I'm getting to know techniques and methods. I had a lot of fun making Reese and Eli's summer wardrobe, shorts, tank tops, cute shirts. It's fun knowing that when my kids walk into a gathering they're wearing something unique. Well, unless there are other seamstresses who shop at the Joann's clearance rack. haha. I don't know that sewing their clothes saves bundles of cash, but at least my daughter isn't wearing short shorts and spaghetti strap tank tops like the ones in the store. The kids can pick out their own fabrics. It's satisfying to have them wearing all mama made clothes, right down to their unders!

But right now, I'll have to be satisfied with bookmarking interesting sewing tutorials to try and window shopping for fabric. It's worth it, this move is going to be amazing. And hopefully we won't have to wait too long for our stuff!

Looking ahead, after we move, I can start thinking about homeschooling for the fall. I'm definitely excited to order some curriculum!

No comments:

Post a Comment