Friday, June 11, 2010

As we're packing and organizing, I'm also purging. In my not so humble opinion, my children have way too many toys. It gets to a point when they don't play with anything because they can't decide what to use. One of my hopes with moving is that we can simplify, simplify, simplify. I'm doing it with my fabric and sewing supplies, and to my surprise, it feels really freeing. The 12 or 13 ominous tubs of fabric have been pared down to three, and it's only pieces I really really like. We're trying to do the same with toys. Reese and Eli have input, of course, and I've been shocked at times that it's been so easy for them to give away their stuff. It's funny what they choose to keep and what they choose to go to the thrift store. I'm proud that my children have an attachment to people and not things.

The most nerve-wracking part of packing? Cleaning out my pantry, freezer, fridge. I'm so used to having a well stocked pantry that it's odd to see it looking so empty. Not to mention, it makes meal planning and cooking somewhat of a challenge. There will be a grocery run for fresh veggies and fruits, but I'm trying not to buy pantry staples so we can use up what we have. I'm sure it will lead to some pretty interesting meals.

A little over two weeks and we'll be in Columbus. I'm excited, scared, happy, sad. Everything. This is a big move for us, a well thought out move, a good decision. And there is so much to do! Guess I better get on it.

1 comment:

  1. and Julie said...Hey Sheri, I think this is a great idea. I love the title of your Blog. Just know that I will be reading, lovin, livin and learnin with you on your new adventure! Thanks for giving your time to blogging for others. I really enjoy getting to know my daughter and her family. What a good way to do just that! See you in the Spring! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete