Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving is Freaking Awesome!

That's right, I said it. Are you ready for some pictures?

Here's some maple oatmeal scones. It was a last minute recipe. They got a little dark, I think, but people said they were tasty.



Sorry this pic is sideways. :( It's an editing fail. But you can see the sweet potato casserole that my friend Becky brought (it was delicious). There's also some vegan jello, cranberry sauce, and vegan glorified rice.



Here's me shaping some chickpea cutlets. I don't know why this picture is here, but I'm not moving pictures around today.



A plate of vegan Thanksgiving deliciousness! Green bean casserole, potatoes, gravy, chickpea cutlet, and cranberries.




I think the green bean casserole was my favorite. Or maybe the stuffing? Mmmmmm.



Chickpea cutlets, stuffing in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, and mushroom gravy.



A picture of the cold salads. The glorified rice is a recipe I found in Vegan Lunchbox Around the World.


The kid table, and Reese and Eli eating pumpkin pie.



I tried to make some vegan whipped topping, but it was kind of a fail. It still tasted pretty okay. The pumpkin pie was good too, nice and smooth.




We had a very nice afternoon. Lots of food, great friends. I had a lot of fun cooking a big meal, I don't do it often enough. Yay, Vegan Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment