Saturday, January 8, 2011

One of those mornings

You know, the morning where the kids are awake way too early. And they're very screechy and loud. And I had to stop my yoga three times to stop them from being so screechy. And I spilled water all over myself while cleaning up the kitchen (not to mention that I had to clean the kitchen up in the first place...I try to have it clean every night). Ugh.

Not terrible stuff, but in the morning? Before I've had some coffee? Ugh.

It's mornings like these that I know, way deep down, that the best way to fix it is to change something in myself. Talking calmly instead of yelling. Taking some deep breaths. An inner mantra about having a good day. The best way to change the world is to change yourself, you know?

Things seem to have settled down. I'm relaxing with some coffee and a smoothie before I need to get ready for the day. Hopefully it's nice outside today so I can get the kids (mine and a friend's) outside.

So here's to positive thinking and a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment